The Brooklyn Community Association encourages all of our residents and business owners to participate in our meetings and events – we want you to be heard. This website is updated with current happenings and events, along with listing historical information so you can learn about this beautiful village. The BCA meets 4 times a year and invites key note speakers from Council, community groups and area specialists to provide analysis of the issues and stimulate discussions.
CURRENT PROJECTS :
- working with Dangar Island, Mooney Mooney and Milson’s Passage community associations and Hornsby Council to address Peat Island redevelopment and allied issue
- running community workshops to address parking requirements in Brooklyn seeking residents’ requirements and potential solutions including specific allowance for residents, businesses, train travellers and river residents and providing to Council
- advocating for shared pedestrian/bicycle facilities and safer public access, culminating in new sections of the roadway and footpath
- production and circulation of the Gateway newsletter which reports on current negotiations with Council , upcoming and local events
- regular meetings with local and State Members to express the community views
Join us and keep the community in Brooklyn. Annual membership is $10 per family and membership is open to all Brooklyn residents and business owners.