The Brooklyn Community Association encourages all of our residents and business owners to participate in meetings and events – and wants you to be heard. This website is updated with current happenings and events, along with listing historical information so you can learn about this beautiful village. The BCA meets 4 times a year and invites key note speakers from Council, community groups and area specialists to provide analysis of the issues and stimulate discussions.
CURRENT PROJECTS :
- working with Dangar Island, Mooney Mooney and Milson’s Passage community associations and Hornsby Council to address Peat Island redevelopment and allied issue
- running community workshops to address parking requirements in Brooklyn seeking residents’ requirements and potential solutions including specific allowance for residents, businesses, train travellers and river residents and providing to Council
- advocating for shared pedestrian/bicycle facilities and safer public access, culminating in new sections of the roadway and footpath
- production and circulation of the Gateway newsletter which reports on current negotiations with Council , upcoming and local events
- regular meetings with local and State Members to express the community views
Join us and keep the community in Brooklyn. Annual membership is $10 per family and membership is open to all Brooklyn residents and business owners.